I searched long and hard (okay, two clicks), and I found a recipe that I thought sounded delicious. It needed some modifications to work for my pantry and diabetes. So, here is my version. Calories: 336
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 boneless skinless chicken thigh
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 shallot diced
1 1/2 teaspoon of Herbes de Provence
2 figs cut in half or quarters depending on how big
Salt and pepper to taste
1) ) Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2) In an oven-safe skillet (cast iron or stainless steel), heat the olive oil. Season the chicken thigh with salt and pepper, and cook the chicken on high for 3 minutes on each side. Once cooked, remove from the pan and put on a plate.
3) Lower the heat to medium, and add the diced shallots to the pan. Cook until the shallots start to soften. Add the garlic and cook or 30 seconds.
4) Add the liquid/herb mix to the pan and let simmer for a minute. Add the chicken and spoon some of the sauce on the chicken. Add the figs.
5) Bake the chicken for about 20 minutes until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.